Way back in September, I posted that I had wired together some bed springs to make a wreath. Check it out here.
I also stated that until I could find a solution for “keeping it round” when hung, it would stay on the floor in my office.
Which it did.
Under a chair.
Gathering dust and cat hair.
I tried soldering it together. What a joke!
I wired it to a metal form.
It still wouldn’t keep it’s round shape when hung. Ugh!
I even took a welding class with my friend and neighbor, Stacy. (She’s the pretty one on the left.) It was fun. I lasted one whole class!
And then Stacy told me about JB Weld!
Wha? You had this secret the whole time and didn’t tell me?
Well, if it works, you’re forgiven for holding out on me, Stacy.
Walah! It worked perfectly! I didn’t take any pictures of the “during” because it was early morning and I was up before the sun, as usual. It would almost be insulting to to write a tutorial on this.
I mean, I bought the product.
Followed the package directions by mixing equal parts of each tube together.
Flag toothpick stir stick, optional.
Then, I just dabbed the product at each joint I felt would secure the wreath together. If you try this, be careful what you put your project on. It gets a little drippy and I had to keep moving the wreath around and wiping up under it so it wouldn’t stick to my glass surface. It is water soluble, so it wipes up really easily. Just sayin’.
It couldn’t have been any simpler! Just think of the junkin’ possibilities now with this awesome product!
Thinking, thinking, thinking….
Bye from the bungalow,