I flipped when I saw this idea, and I knew I needed it immediately. I mean, we have so many cords and 6 outlets bars lying around our counters because we all share cords and we all want to charge at the same time in the same place.
I’ve been trying to figure out the answer to this tangle problem, and kimsixfix.com gave me the answer. This is high enough to stay out of my baby’s hands, it’s a central location, and we can hide all the ugly cords. And it’s so cute and vintage.
I mean my problem was the same as Kim’s (see above picture). Just a mess! This lady is awesome. So I did this project and I couldn’t be happier about how it looks on my counter.
Here are some easy steps to follow:
- Buy vintage bread box (flea markets are great to look through)
- Sand the wood smooth and fill any holes with spackle.
- Drill a hole in the back where the cords will fit through.
- Reinforce any areas that may be weak with extra wood paneling.
- Paint the box however you would like. Label it, paint it, sticker it up…literally whatever you’d like.
- Run the extended outlet through the hole in the back, and then you have the extended outlet in the breadbox where you can charge all your devices—behind the pretty door of your new breadbox.
So you can see it’s pretty simple and really all about how creative you want to get.
I use her pictures (and others on other posts) because they all have better cameras than me and my lighting isn’t very good. Hopefully I’ll figure that out at some point…save enough for a better camera. But for right now I want to make sure she gets full credit and her pictures are pretty too.
Anyways, this project was super easy and has made my kitchen a lot more organized and sane feeling. It’s definitely worth your time!
Have any other great ideas on this issue? Had success with this project? Tell me how it went and let’s share some great ideas!