(Photo Credit: http://startbelievinginforever.blogspot.com/)
Mason jars are cheap, but the colored mason jars are kind of ridiculously priced. So I found out a way to DIY vintage, tinted jars. Now I have them all over my house.
And it’s ridiculously easy—instead of expensive.
Here are your very affordable ingredients:
- Clear jars you want to tint
- Ramekins (to mix colors up)
- Food coloring
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Newspapers or something to protect your table
7 Easy Steps To Colorful Vintage Jars
- It’s up to you to create the color you want. Mix the food coloring with about a Tbsp of water into your ramekins. I love how blue and orange, personally.
- Add about 2 Tbsp Mod Podge into your clear jar before anything else.
- Then add one of your ramekins mixtures into the jar and stir it all together.
- Coat the whole inside with mixture (pour extra out into a bowl), and then let your jar dry upside down on the newspaper for about 30 min.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Set your oven onto warm and place your jars mouth-down on the wax paper. Leave the containers for about 10 minutes.
- Flip them mouth-up and continue to dry them in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- They will be clear when they’re ready. The mixture should me mostly streak-free. If there are streaks, continue to let the jars dry out in the oven. Drying helps the streaks disappear.
And there you have it! Beautiful, tinted, colorful jars that will look lovely in your home. So much better than forking out all that cash for vintage-looking jars.